I was looking through an old magazine and saw this recipe. This is super simple, delicious and a healthy alternative to what we can find in the stores!
- Whip solid coconut oil, honey and essential oils together with a stand mixer for 5 minutes, slowly speeding up mixer from low to high.
- Refrigerate whipped filling for about 5 minutes
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a small scoop to make small mounds of filling. Place onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet and press down with spoon to flatten a little.
- Return to freezer until ready to coat with chocolate.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate over low heat.
- Take candy pieces out of the freezer and dip each piece in melted chocolate with a fork. Place peppermint chocolate back on parchment paper.
- Put chocolates back in freezer to cool until hardened. Serve chocolates immediately or store in refrigerator until you are ready to serve.